Choosing the Right Care
Choosing a child care program is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent. Quality Counts is here to help you find a safe and healthy early learning environment for your child to learn and grow in while also helping you understand what to look for when you are searching for quality.
Finding a child care or preschool program you feel good about is essential to your child’s healthy development.
- Find out about the different kinds of preschool and child care so you can determine what environment is best for your child and family.
- Learn more about tips on choosing quality child care.
- Download the Child Care Check List to take with you when visiting child care and preschool programs or go to NAEYC for tips on what to look for in a program.
- Search for child care and preschool programs who have voluntarily committed to high quality and are participating in Quality Counts on the Find Quality Care
- You can also view a complete list of all participating Quality Counts programs listed by the type of program (Family Child Care or Preschool and Child Care Center) on the Who’s Participating page.
If you are interested in a complete list of all preschool and child care programs in the County, you can search for care through Children’s Resource and Referral of Santa Barbara County’s online referral service. Their trained staff will help you connect with programs that are committed to quality care.