ECE Training Calendar
The Community Calendars Project is the result of a collaborative effort of First 5 Santa Barbara County, the Child Care Planning Council of Santa Barbara County and various other early care and education partners who are committed to creating a “one-stop shop” for professional development activities that support the local early care workforce.
This calendar includes training, conferences, workshops, learning communities, events, and networking opportunities open to the early care and education community.
Calendar submissions should be sent to: email@example.com
Please read submission guidelines by clicking here. (Edit Guidelines)
- This event has passed.
Supporting Social-Emotional Development of Infants and Toddlers, presented by PITC
May 11 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pmFree
Saturday May 11, 2019, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Register now to attend this special presentation by the Program for Infant-Toddler Care (PITC), a project of the WestEd Center for Child and Family Studies
Who Should Attend:
- Infant/Toddler program administrators
- Infant care teachers working with children birth to 36 months
- Center-based and family child care providers
Training from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. LUNCH PROVIDED!
Registration and coffee/snacks offered early beginning at 8:30 a.m.
Arrive early and network!
This 6-hour seminar will connect what we know about supporting a child’s social-emotional development with our daily practice in the group care setting with infants and toddlers. This session will support participant’s ability to:
- Identify the various influences on an infant or toddler’s social-emotional development.
- Identify the social-emotional skills and knowledge typically acquired by infants and toddlers from birth to 3 years.
- Recognize specific program practices that support the healthy social-emotional development of infants and toddlers in group care settings.
- Become familiar with Universal Design for Learning to support all children’s social-emotional development.